Monday, February 22, 2010

The opinion of man

I have been struck lately with the amazement and wonder with which people respond when they find out I am moving to Africa. I have received much praise and heard over and over, "I cannot believe you are doing that!" and "You are such a good person." etc. Thank you for sharing your opinion, but I feel really awkward with such accolades.


I do not see this move as a sacrifice. I do not see it as a 'good thing'. It is God's call on my life and to do anything else would find me unfulfilled and living outside the will of God. Frankly, I would be miserable. 


Since I have been on this journey to missionary nursing in Africa I have known much joy and peace. Being in the center of God's will has been the best ride of my life. I cannot wait until He is using me to shine His light in the village of Doro.


I am in awe and so humbled that I GET to move to Africa and live among a people suffering and needing the love and hope of a Savior and the assistance of some people who have something to teach them--and learn from them. I get to be the hands of God providing comfort, support and health education. I get to have my life changed and my faith overhauled by the work I see God doing in a people who seem to have insurmountable obstacles between them and what I think of as an abundant life.


"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God."--William Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home