Sunday, September 26, 2010

In my weaknesses

Our team devotional tonight was on God's use of Moses, a person with issues and human weaknesses-- in His plan of redemption. We considered our own callings to the ministry in Sudan and I thought, as many times before, that I'm not worthy of the calling but am so grateful God uses flawed people--like Moses, David, Samson, Peter and Paul. It is not because of my own merit that God brought me here, but because He can replace my sinful nature with His character and show Himself to the world though those of us He is sanctifying. In spite of myself, my sin, my weaknesses, my fears and my failures, God has given me a role in His plan of redemption. Wow!

Acts 4:13 "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled, and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Julie's Nurse Notes said...

Thanks for sharing, Sheila! I'm so glad that you're here. I admire how you love people.

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

This is so moving. You are truly being used by God anywhere you are sent.

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Sheila, You are serving the Lord where ever he sends you! You truly are a blessing in my life!! Thanks for sharing, Love you lots

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home