Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm home!

Today I arrived back in hot, dusty Doro after four months and three days of uncertainly. It is wonderful to be back and I feel giddy about seeing my Maaban friends and co-workers, but at the same time, the knowledge that the next month is going to very busy and most likely stressful, dampens my enthusiasm down to brimming excitement and ridiculously wide smiling every time I see an old friend and share a long, pumping handshake or hug with them.

Within two hours of our rather bumpy dirt airstrip landing I found myself at the clinic assessing a burn patient. Fortunately, though the burns were significant and painful, she will be ok. The race to the clinic following the call of "you have an emergency patient", with the unknown condition of the patient waiting for us had me nervously telling a co-worker "I'm not in medical mode yet!" Thankfully I found that my needed "medical mode" kicked in when I arrived. It was super to be back and to be helping a person in need. Love it! So thankful to God for this opportunity to serve Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home