Friday, May 05, 2006

The Neptune in Namwera

The Neptune in the village of Namwera is one of many fond memories of my trip.
Keith, Bronwyn, Zoe and Geronimo dine at the village's only resturant, "The Neptune".

From a menu that I never saw patrons can choose either chicken or beef. Both are cooked in only one manner and are served with the same vegatables and maize. I treated the family and myself to dinner there on a Sunday. The total including tip cost about $5--of course in Kwachas it sounded like a lot more than that. The local villagers cannot afford to eat at The Neptune but travelers using the paved road near the village and missionaries and European engineers stationed nearby keep it in business. Cool drinks (as they call cokes) cost less than bottled water at The Neptune. There is a Coca-Cola bottling factory within a 100 miles of the village.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 AM , Blogger babatim said...

Whoa! I know these guys! And I know you too. Remember us? Ah, don't we all miss Neptune food?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home