Monday, May 07, 2007

Abundant Fellowship

When I settle in Africa, I may be in a remote area with few believers around me. There will surely be times when I feel very alone in my faith. In the past few months, I have been satiated with fabulous fellowship of friends and family. There are have been weddings and showers and birthday parties and dinners and teas... I'm filled with the joy that comes from being with those like-minded and loving God together in blessed fellowship.
I wish I could bottle it up for the lean times that are sure to come, maybe even as early as next month when I'm deep in the study of Nursing and realizing that I no longer have the 'gift of time' with friends.



Tonight I took a camera to church to capture that visual image. It is possible, while in nursing school, I will have to work on Sunday and miss that . I am grateful for Malinda's loan of an mp3 player so that I can download the podcasts, if it comes to that. People tell me Nursing school is HARD, that it takes so much more time and energy than they expected. I trust God will provide me with the necessary energy as I study and work. I need His divine management in my life always, but never so much as I believe I will need it during the next 16 months.

Those are red-letter days in our lives when we meet people who thrill us like a fine poem…people whose handshakes are brimful of unspoken sympathy and whose sweet, rich natures impart to our eager, impatient spirits a wonderful restlessness which, in its essence, is divine…In a work, while such friends are near us we feel that all is well. Helen Keller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home