Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Scholarship!

Sweet Jill persuaded me to fill out an application for a scholarship provided by the grant that funds the Accelerated Nursing Program. We were both awarded the scholarship! Our letters arrived in the mail today. Praise Jesus! I am so grateful and humbled to be reminded in this tangible way that God is my Provider; He would not ask me to do something for which the logistics were too much for Him to handle. He is so good. The scholarship award will cover my tuition and books this summer. It might even pay for part of my uniform. I am so grateful that Jill encouraged me to apply. She has already encouraged me greatly and challenged me gently, several time when I have allowed the pressures to cause me to whine.

For those of you who do not know the Jill of whom I speak, here she is while having some R&R time during that six-month mission project in Mexico. The gentleman on her right was her then friend, now fiance', Matt. Breathtakingly beautiful, on the inside as well. On our first day in class she shared with the group that her dream job is working as a nurse in Mexico.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM , Blogger Cat said...

Congrats on the scholarship!!! I am so glad you have Jill to encourage you... I miss ya, friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home