Monday, June 30, 2008

Snakes!

Today, while at the church related outing at a park in Fayetteville, I came very close to a snake, I froze for a minute, then squawked out a man's name who was about 30 feet away. I do not know why snakes terrify me so much--other than the 'natural enmity' the Bible mentions. Matt, the friend from church who came to my rescue, was unable to hear my weak, squeaky calls until I tried four times. When he arrived on the scene, he was as cool as a cucumber. This was inexplicable to me still in the throws of my fear.

I recently met a missionary kid (now an adult) who grew up in Ghana. Among many other interesting things about the culture and the work of his parents, he mentioned the snakes. I think I had been in denial about how I will encounter snakes in Africa. I knew they had many and some very dangerous ones--but I really hadn't thought about them in connection with my life there. Eeeekkk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home