Saturday, April 05, 2008

Third graduation

My third graduation approaches in four months. As I analyze my feelings about this one, compare them to my emotions of the previous ones, I've decided that I have become a little less self-focused than I was. With my high school graduation I had a huge sense of the world before me and how I was going to impact it by bringing justice to the masses as an FBI private investigator. What, are you laughing? Seriously-- that was what I wanted to do and spent four years in college working toward.

With my college graduation I had high dreams of rescuing abused children from their perpetrators. Working in the field for nine years I would not say I have rescued any children, but I hope I have instilled hope in their hearts and given them a glimpse of life with a loving caretaker while living in the grace and hope given to me by my heavenly Father.

So, with my upcoming graduation, with the goal of working as a nurse in Africa, I think I am slightly less focused on myself, and understanding to a new level , my utter dependence on the grace of God. It is because of Him and for Him that I exist.

"When you fully comprehend that there is more to life than just here and now, you will begin to live differently." Angie Satterthwaite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home