Thursday, July 24, 2008

Psych Nursing

I am four days into my Psychiatric Nursing Semester and loving it! The human mind is just as fascinating as the rest of the human body--but less predictable.


At College of the Ozarks I studied Psychology, and in particular found Abnormal Psych interesting. I am reminded of that now, but the difference being that beginning in two and a half weeks I will be caring for these interesting people, not just learning about them.

I have been assigned to the "Tweens" unit at Vista Health. There I will work with children 8 to 13 years of age. Many of them will have similar circumstances as the children that I work with at the Children's Shelter. I am very interested to learn how to help them on a more clinical level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home