Thursday, July 31, 2008

I have a Registered Nurse position!

I have a nursing job! Today the nursing director of Mercy Medical Center's Women's and Children's floor called to say they have essentially created a position for me in spite of the hiring freeze. I am to be trained as a Cesarean Section Scrub Tech as well as a Registered Nurse working with postpartum, newborns and pediatric patients. I am thrilled! I hoped to stay with Mercy--a faith based hospital but had begun applying for positions at two other area hospitals.

Interestingly this hodgepodge position will provide me with a wider skill base than had I obtained the labor and delivery position I hoped for.

I will gain surgical knowledge, be training in pediatric care, newborn assessment and care, and postpartum care all before learning Labor and Delivery (the most intensive position to learn in all of Women's and Children's'). This shows that God is looking out for me and knows what I need much more than I do. Why do I ever doubt Him?

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Shiela! Congratulations! God is faithful!

 
At 2:54 AM , Blogger Cat said...

VERY cool!! Mercy is where we're going to deliver our second baby, so hopefully we'll get to see you there!!! When do you start?

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Ami said...

Hi Sheila! I was happy to see your comment on my blog. I think you left one a long time ago but I wasn't blogging much then. Congratulations on your new position! Very exciting, and amazing how circumstances can turn around in just a few days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home