Monday, May 17, 2010

Mom


Waiting to go to surgery

Eight days later, ready to go home!

My mother is now almost three weeks out from a triple by-pass surgery.  It has been a challenging time for her physically and emotionally, but she is doing well and on track with healing and rehabilitation. We have spent a great deal of time together and it has been precious!   We've experienced many role reversals and laughs.  I thank God that she was able to have the surgery while I am still in the States!  We are optimistic that after a few more weeks of rehabilitation she will feel better than she has felt in many years.  The surgery was long overdue and she has suffered some affects of coronary artery disease for as long as I can remember.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger Tally said...

What a wonderful thing to be able to be there with your mom through this. I'm so glad she is doing better. :)

I was just remembering back to when I first met you two years ago and you said you were going to Africa this year. I reflected on your faithful spirit and your tenacity in preparation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are an inspiration. I'll be praying for you as you make this transition. You are brave and beautiful! May God bless you and keep you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home