Monday, June 07, 2010

From the air over Sudan

Within two hours I will have my feet planted on Africa soil at last.  My heart is joyful, my spirit is worshipful of my gracious heavenly Father who allowed me to come, and I am in great anticipation of the education and work ahead.  Right now I am flying over southern Sudan perhaps not far from my new home in the village of Doro.  Night has fallen and the landscape is dark--so unlike flying anywhere in the US where you can always see the effects of electricity and automobiles.  I ponder the evening activities of the individuals living their lives 37000 feet below.  I have thought so much of them over the past four and a half years!  Soon I will live among them!  The realization of my long awaited dream has me humbled and teary eyed.  Who am I that I should be able to live here and share my life and faith with these people. Thank you Father for allowing me to be part of Your plan among the Sudanese.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM , Anonymous Dani J said...

I'm so proud of you! Your words are what I'll be saying in a month or so. I love seeing the dreams God has planted in our hearts fulfilled. You are in my thoughts and prayers Sheila!

 
At 11:24 PM , Anonymous Nancy Jones said...

Thank you for the fun glimpse into your world right now! Makes me feel closer to you! :) Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home