Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pinning Ceremony

Today my class and I are being pinned as Registered Nurses in a ceremony to which we invited some friends and family.

I have such mixed feelings about this day, but joy persists through the other fleeting emotions. What a privilege it is to get an education--and education that can have infinite impact on the world. I recently filled out a psychiatric questionnaire as part of the process of applying to Serving in Missions. There were almost 1000 questions which will allow them to get a good look and a feel for my general personality, strengths, weaknesses, passions and dreams. One of the questions said something to the effect of "Do you want to change the world?" I am not sure if they were checking to see if I have 'grandiose' aspirations or checking to see if I have hope. In any case, the answer was a strong 'YES!'. I cannot wait to have further impact on the people of the world than God has already permitted. What a joy to live out His plan, trusting in Him through every thing that comes my way, recognizing at least hourly that He is the orchestrator of my destiny and my reason for being.

2 Comments:

At 5:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sheila on a job well done! We know the Lord has been with you every step of the way, and will continue to bless you on your exciting journey. Yes, may your life and new career change the world!
--Uncle Terry & Aunt Marla

 
At 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to our dear sweet wonderful niece. We are very proud of you and so sorry we couldn't come and see you being pinned. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May all your dreams come true.

With much love,
Aunt Judy and Uncle Ralph

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home