Monday, September 15, 2008

Mission Agency Secured

As of this afternoon I have been accepted into missionary service through Serving in Mission. I am thrilled! Over the next 2-5 months I will research the four teams in the field who will need a RN for two years beginning in the Spring of 2010. These are Zambia, Sudan, Nigeria and Ethiopia. I will be praying, asking for your prayer, reading 15 books on mission work, my identity in Christ, grace, support raising, cross cultural ministry, evangelism, etc. (seriously 15!) required by SIM and, most importantly, developing a closer relationship with Jesus.

Early next year I will choose one of the sites and SIM will contact the current team there to ask them to prayerfully consider adding me to their team. They will have information about my skill set, personality, strengths, weaknesses and background. If they agree to add me to their team, I will approach my home church, The Grove, and ask them if they will agree to be my "Sender" while SIM functions as the facilitator.

At that point I will begin the process of raising support for the two years on the field. I'm so excited--honored, humbled, happily overwhelmed, giddy, ecstatic, intimidated and grateful.

Soon I will post more information about the job description and locations in the four African countries. They are each unique and intriquing to me, though one site does stand out from the rest.

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. The longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonder of the world." --John Burroughs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home